- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Spoon the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet(s), spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes, switching pan positions halfway through baking if 2 pans were used.
Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet(s) on a wire rack for about 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to the rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.