Time for more candy in this St. Patrick’s Day countdown I say! And who doesn’t like truffles? Better yet, who doesn’t like boozy truffles?!! These Guinness Pretzel Truffles will knock your socks off!
You know how some truffles are just so tooth-achingly sweet you can’t manage to take more than one nibble? Not these little devils. You see they have a reduced Guinness syrup added to the chocolate. That Guinness reduction adds an earthy, slightly bitter stout flavour to the chocolate and also serves to temper the sweetness. I’m sure that sounds great to those of you with a bit more subdued sweet tooth. But wait…there’s more. These tasty treats are then rolled in crunchy, salty crushed pretzels.
So there you have it – malty Guinness, rich dark chocolate and salty pretzels combined to make an irresistible St. Patrick’s Day confection. You can have a batch done in no time flat. So what are you waiting for?! You’ll absolutely drive folks wild with these!
Guinness Pretzel Truffles
recipe from: SprinkleBakes
yield: 18 – 21 truffles
- 12 oz. bottle Guinness Extra Stout (divided)
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup finely pulverized pretzel rods (you want these really pulverized – best to use a food processor)
- 3/4 cup crushed pretzels for rolling truffles